Morning and Nighttime Skincare Routine
Good Morning my beautiful followers! Today's video has turned into a blog post because the information I am about to share needed to be typed. My skincare routine has a lot of steps since I 100% believe in the Korean way of taking care of your skin. They do a 10 step routine and I know that sounds insane but trust me it works! So lets get started with all the products that I use and then I will follow up with the step by step routines. The products listed below are for oily or combination skin type which is my skin type. But you can follow the steps below to understand how I wash my face.
1. Cleanse- remove makeup and excess dirt and oil from the skin
2. Exfoliate- cleans deep into the pores and removes dead skin cells
3. Toner- cleanse the skin to help shrink the appearance of pores. Removes oil and traces of dirt
4. Essence- helps restore moisture to the skin from the toner. Helps with the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone
5. Serums- anti aging serums, vitamin c serums or any serum you prefer to apply to your skin
6. Moisturizer- apply the moisture back to the skin to keep it hydrated.
7. Eye Cream or Under Eye Patches- Apply to under the eyes, side and above the eyes but not on the lids. Helps improves fine lines and wrinkles
Extras- Microneedling, Face Mask, Jade Roller- These will be done either once or two to three times a week. Microneedling should be done every other day to the skin. It would be done before you apply your face serums. Face Masks can be everyday to once or twice a week. It would be applied before you apply your moisturizer. The Jade Roller can be done everyday and done in the morning times when you wake up and are swollen. Also after you apply your morning serums to help with the product going into the skin.
1. Ole Henriksen Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser- A pore-purifying cleanser with powerful AHAs to reduce excess oil and unclog pores, without stripping skin. www.sephora.com $25
2. Ole Henriksen Pore Balance Facial Sauna Scrub- A dual-action warming and cooling pore-refining facial scrub with glycolic and lactic acids to deeply purify pores, absorb excess oil, and leave skin soft, smooth, and healthy-looking. www.sephora.com $28
3. Ole Henriksen Balance Force Oil Control Toner- A pore-refining toner with salicylic, glycolic, and lactic acids to remove excess oil, clarify, and freshen the complexion without stripping skin.
4. Caudalie Vinoperfect Concentrated Brightening Essence- A brightening essence that immediately sweeps away dead skin cells to reveal brighter, smoother, more even skin. www.sephora.com $42
5. Skinceuticals Phloretin CF- A daytime vitamin c antioxidant face serum that delivers advanced environmental protection and diminishes the appearance fine lines and discoloration. www.skinceuticals.com $166
6. Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator- This oil-free serum simultaneously exfoliates skin and replenishes moisture for radiant, smooth, skin. www.skinceuticals.com $80
7. Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen- fountain of youth leverages a clean, vegan formulation design to help replenish and preserve a healthy, youthful skin matrix by delivering vegan collagen to the skin in its most active state. The anti-aging formula contains 13,000 microalgae oil beads naturally sourced and sustainably produced, omegas 3, 6, and 9, and a natural source of vitamin E. Skin is left more resilient, brighter, and youthful-looking. www.sephora.com $115
8. Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer- A weightless gel moisturizer infused with squalane and probiotic technology to help restore a naturally healthy-looking and beautiful complexion. www.sephora.com $52
1. OcuSoft Lid Scrub- Eyelid cleansing to remove oil, debris and desquamated skin which may lead to eye irritation. Removes oil and debris associated with dry eyes. www.amazon.com $10-$20 Also sold at local pharmaceutical stores like CVS or walgreens for $15
2. Genaissance De La Mer The Eye And Expression Cream- The Eye and Expression Cream helps transcend the evidence of time. In moments, healing hydration revitalizes the look of eyes. Use every day and skin is conditioned, looks more lifted and firmed. Puffiness, fine lines, dark circles and other signs of stress, fatigue and daily life gently fade in appearance. Expression areas of the face such as forehead and smile lines -- known to show the initial signs of aging -- are plumped and volumized. Lines appear reduced, expression areas look more lifted. Rejuvenation becomes reality as skin is visibly transformed. A sea-stone inspired massage tool cools and soothes. www.saksfifthavenue.com $390
3. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra Gel Eye Patches- A pack of cooling, hyaluronic-acid-infused eye contour hydra-gel patches to awaken fatigued skin with a burst of hydration. www.sephora.com $52
1. The Creme Shop Face Masks Drink Up Skin- Infused with hyaluronic acid, this ultra-moisturizing face mask quenches your skin's thrist or an effortless, radiant glow. www.thecremeshop.com $4
2. Glo Pro Microneedling for the Lips- You need the GloPro Microneedling body to attach this to. Use it 2-3 times a week to create a larger and plumper pout! www.beautybio.com $35
3. Burt's Bees Overnight Intensive Lip Treatment with Natural Ceramides- Best lip cream for dry lips and help with fine lines and wrinkles on the lips. www.target.com $8.99
4. Glo Pro Microneedling Regeneration Tool Kit- results are visibly firmer, younger, smoother looking skin by using this every other day. It also has Red LED light function and Vibrotactile Stimulation for better results. Microneedling creates small wounds in the skin to allow the process of healing to begin and produce more collagen to heal the skin. The more collagen the better! www.beautybio,com $199
5. Jade Roller- Helps with drainage of the lymphatic glands, swelling, helps reduce the look of pores, fine lines and wrinkles. www.amazon.com $10
1. Foreo Luna 2 for Oily Skin- A revolutionary, sonic-powered, silicone facial-cleansing brush that deep cleans and delivers a powerful anti-aging treatment for brighter, firmer, more youthful-looking skin. www.sephora.com $199
2. Target Premium Cotton Rounds- Best ones I have found to use to remove makeup, apply toner and essence to the face without falling apart. www.target.com $2.99
1. Eyes Scrub- Wash eyelids with OcuSoft lid scrub sheet.
2. Toner- Apply my Ole Henriksen toner with a cotton round all over face, neck and chest.
3. Essence- With another cotton round apply my Caudalie essence all over your face, neck and chest as well.
4. Serums- I apply first my two skinceutical serums which I would do the vitamin c one first Phlorentin CF, the the Retexturing Activator, followed by my Algenist Collagen Serum. Apply all three the same which is adding a few drops to the palm of your hand and then applying it all over your face and neck. Always upward motions when applying them.
5. Moisturizer- Apply my Biossance moisturizer all over face and neck.
Extra- Jade Roller Right after my morning skincare routine focusing on underneath my eyes and neck area. Peter Thomas Roth Eye Patches to help with any swelling in the morning underneath my eyes.
1. Eye Scrub- Scrub my eyes with the OcuSoft Lid Scrub.
2. Cleanser- Use my OleHenriksen Cleanser to wash off any dirt and makeup off my face.
3. Exfoliate- I would leave the cleanser on and apply the Ole Henriksen Sauna Scrub over the cleanser and use my Foreo Luna 2 to scrub it deep into my pores to clean my face. This step would be done every other day at night.
4. Toner- After that I would get a cotton round and apply my Ole Henriksen Toner all over my face, neck and chest.
5. Essence- Using another cotton round apply some Caudalie Essence on it and apply to the face, neck and chest area.
6. Serums- Then come my serums for the night. I start off with my Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator followed by my Algenist Collagen Serum. Apply both the same which is adding a few drops to the palm of your hand and then applying it all over your face and neck. Always upward motions when applying them.
7. Eye Cream- Using my La Mer Eye Cream I would apply some around my eyes and use the tip ball applicator to massage it around the eyes.
8. Moisturizer- Then I would apply my Biossance moisturizer all over my face and neck.
9. Lip Balm- Apply Burt's Bees Lip Treatment.
Extras- GloPro Microneedling would be done every other night and done after my Essence step and before applying my Serums. This would also include using my GloPro Microneedle Lip attachment and applying after my Burt's Bees Lip Treatment. Face Mask would be applied 2-3 times a week and I would put it after my Eye Cream step and before applying my Moisturizer.